Sunday, May 23, 2010

Prescription drugs to the rescue. Always the easy way out.

We're all full of shit. We seem to lie to ourselves, and for no apparent reason. Meth-amphetamines have been used for treatment of ADD/ADHD since the 90's. A study from the University of Texas states "Ritalin and Adderall are closely related to illegal "street" drugs, including dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, or "dexies"), methamphetamine ("crystal meth") and cocaine." Are we really giving this crap to our kids? Then turn around and yell at them for smoking Marijuana. The pace of this country must slow, or we will fail in the end. I don't have to go into the healthcare system in this country, because it is a topic which is beaten to death. The massive finances of Big Phram, thanks to us  buying into their crap. Those finances are what keeps this horrible epidemic rolling. I fully understand some need these medications, for bi-polar, schizophrenia, OCD, etc. However, our doctors over prescribe medications today. PARENTS NEED TO LEARN HHOW TO USE GOOGLE. There are many non-prescription ways to help depression, anxiety, ADD and ADHD. However no one gives it a shot. I am a firm believer that depression and anxiety can be treated without medication. I'm not sure it even exists. After my fathers death I came upon these to "problems". I felt like I wasn't in reality. At the time I was 5 and I just wanted help, so my mother took me to the Psychiatrist. He prescribed me xanax (under twenty-one?) and zoloft. I felt lifeless. I was not happy, nor was I unhappy. I was felt like I was in my own zone. After I began to google and research these meds and saw the dangers, I brought it up to my doctor. He seemed very offended and insisted to my mother that I was immature and I should continue on the meds. Frustrated, I took myself off the medication, which I later learned that it was dangerous to stop taking psychoactive drugs "cold turkey". For example if you stop taking xanax after abusing it, without medical supervision, you may suffer from a seizure. I'm not sure why many parent's who give there children these drugs, such as xanax or adderall, become addicts later in life. After all you are taught that a pill is the "CURE". I could rant on, but parents out there, please be careful and make educated decisions. Use the internet to it's advantage. Just because a doctor is a doctor, certainty doesn't mean he is always right. These drugs can cause long term addiction to drugs, brain damage. After-all most of it messes with your brain's chemicals like dopamine and seratonin. Finally, I could rant on for hours, but I want one ting to be known. I am not judging, only trying to help. By the way, due to the fact that "WE" bought into the system, flooding the market making it known that many Doctors feed into the selling of prescription drugs sold on the street. I'm not sure about the whole thing with Microsoft Bing, but it's below in the work cited. Final link.
Work Cited Below:

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041220013546.htm> -Long term side-effects of Rialin, and other meth-amphetamine ADD/ADHD drugs.
- University of Texas study.

No comments:

Post a Comment